Welcome to Pro Speaker U
Welcome to Pro Speaker U! How can PSU boost your career?
- If you're a first-time visitor, here's a quick introduction to PSU. And although using PSU is rather intuitive, here's a quick guide on how to use PSU. (both coming soon)
- You can get a list of all of PSU's Insights at any time by selecting "All PSU Insights" in the menu at the top of every page.
- Searching for something special? You can search the Library for specific topics here or select the "Search PSU" in the menu.
- Want to see which Insights have been recently added or updated? Search for recent additions or updates here.
If you want an overview of what PSU has in store for you, here are the Focuses that PSU addresses:
- Getting Started Right Have you ever considered becoming a professional speaker... but you don't know how to get started? Start here!
- Speakers' Contracts and Agreements There is still a need to get things "in writing"... even if the writing is electron-based instead of paper-based.
- Writing Your Business Plan One of the most basic — and most essential — activities you need to perform is to create your business plan.
- The Importance of "Running the Numbers" The central idea behind this focus is simple but essential — the "obvious" answer is frequently wrong.
- Setting Your Fees and Prices Determining the "right" price for your programs, products, and services is one of the greatest challenges facing professional speakers.
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property When someone steals your intellectual assets, that's worse than stealing your money. Learn how to protect your copyrighted materials!
- Marketing and Promotion Your message is important. Your platform skills are important. But your marketing will make (or break) your career!
- Preparation is the Key Much of the success of your presentation is determined long before you utter your first word.
- Speak with Power and Passion It's finally Showtime! Ensure your success on the platform with these techniques.
- Effective Microphone Usage A microphone can be a speaker's best friend. Do you know which microphone to use, and how to use it effectively?
(Security note — PSU doesn't cost anything to use, but I have to ask you to register / log in so I can minimize interference by trolls, hackers, and other troublemakers. Members of Finders Speakers are automatically members of PSU, so there's no need to join PSU unless you want to have 2 separate accounts.)
It's good to have you here! Here's wishing you every success in your career as a professional speaker!